Friday 17 January 2014

Mantle Tweaking (Much Safer Than Twerking)

I've done a little bit of tweaking to the mantle shelf in the living room. This was much a much safer option than trying to do any twerking on the mantle as I'm not sure the plasterboard could support my weight.

Previously, the mantle looked like this

Over Christmas there was some festive twerking  tweaking.
And now the mantle is sporting some totes gorgeous mercury glass votives that hubby gave me for Christmas. He bought them while on a recent work trip to India.
Didn't he do well? They are rather lovely.
Although I did realise yesterday when I was dusting that a bare mantle shelf would probably be easier to deal with. Still, that's the price you have to pay for pretty-pretty.

And while we're on the subject of votives, candles, etc, here is a Public Service Announcement.
When blowing out a candle please be careful not to blow the highly-coloured wax in the direction of your (fairly) newly-painted walls.
Unless, of course, you like the Jackson Pollock effect.

3 comments:

  1. Love your votives, thanks for the advice, sounds like something I'd do, surprised I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I spent quite a while trying to get wax off of our mantel after the festive season. I'm very envious of your beautiful mantel and shelves and woodburner - such a beautiful focal point. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)