Thursday, 6 March 2014

Aloha Once More

Hooray - on the Wednesday of our trip we awoke to blue skies and sunshine. Actually, that's not quite true. We awoke to darks skies since hubby had to be up and away at 6am to go on a deep-sea fishing trip. The blue skies and sunshine were there by the time I ventured out of our room for breakfast. 
Wednesday was also the day for choosing a gift from the Tiffany stand. It was sooooo hard - there were necklaces, bracelets, earrings, cufflinks for the men, and even a Tiffany tote bag. Finally, after much humming and hawing, I settled on this beauty, the 'Tiffany 1837 Interlocking Circles Pendant '. It's difficult to make out in my appalling photo, but two of the circles are silver while the other is a rose-gold colour (made from Tiffany's 'new metal' which they call Rubedo.)
After collecting my lovely gift, I walked up to the car hire place to drop off the keys. Here's a photo of the front of the hotel that I snapped as I was walking away.
And here's a photo taken across one of the many golf courses in Wailea.
A refreshment stop was called for since the sun was already beating down and the walking had made me rather warm.

Back at the hotel I decided to take a few photos of the building and grounds. 
This is part of the immense lobby area.
This is the entrance to our room - you can see the door bottom left.
And this is our little terrace.
This is one of the many, many pools in the hotel grounds, although this one wasn't for swimming. Aren't the colours just fabulous? So green, and so, so blue.
This is the chapel in the hotel grounds - very popular for weddings, apparently, although we didn't see any while we were there.
More views of the grounds, looking across to the beach and sea.
And this is the pool I decided to deposit myself by while waiting for hubby to return.
Hubby finally returned from his fishing trip at about 2.30pm, fish-less. The group he was with had caught just one fish, which was one better than the other boats that had also sailed out. What luck that we weren't relying on hubby to provide dinner that night. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing by the pool, until about 5pm when we had to head over to hear the Big Boss of hubby's company do a bit of a talk.

Still, not a bad setting... the hotel grounds, right next to the beach.

And when the whooping and fist-bumping died down, hubby and I went for a little stroll along the shoreline.

Before heading back to the hotel
for a little drinkie (tropical style)
and the most amazing dinner in the hotel's wonderful Amasia restaurant that I forgot to take any photos of, except this one which shows hubby looking slightly worried (probably fearful that I might try and snatch some of his pudding.)
And the gift waiting in our room on Wednesday night? 
Anyone like to hazard a guess? 
A clue? 
It's something that made me very happy...

...several boxes of Nespresso coffee capsules  
and a note to say that a Nespresso coffee machine will be delivered to our home address soon (although it hasn't arrived yet...)


  1. Wow you have been spoilt, I just need the name of the company as I feel an urge to apply for a job!!

  2. Talk about being pampered! Lovely photos. Love the necklace.

    1. I know, we were really spoilt.
      The hotel was something else.

  3. Yes, like Jay I too want to apply for a job with them!


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)