Well, that got me back blogging, didn't it???
Janet over at MacQue nominated me for a Leibster Award and I thought it would be very rude of me not to respond.
The Liebster Award is a great way of discovering new blogs and to take part you should:-
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
2 Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
3. Answer the ten questions you've been asked.
4. Create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating.
5.Notify the bloggers that you have nominated.
So, here are the ten questions that Janet has asked:
1. What was the last book you read?
Right now I'm about half way through a cozy crime called By Hook or By Crook by Betty Hechtman; except I've read it before and I'm so annoyed that it took me about 100 pages to realise (there are only 250 pages in the book.) The trouble is, I can't remember what happened or 'whodunit', I only remember the odd little bit here and there, so I'm going to have to keep reading it. Feels like a bit of a waste, but hey ho.
2. Favorite country to travel to or place within your own country?
This is tricky!! I love travelling so I'm going to choose a few, if that's ok? Favourite country would probably be Cambodia; favourite overseas city is New York and favourite UK city is Edinburgh.
3. What talent(s) do you have?
Erm, umm, not many! Not any?? Well, I can bake. I have a little cake-baking business (shameless plugging - you can find me on FaceBook at Can I Bake You a Cake? - and if you have a moment I'd be so grateful if you could click on the 'like' button near the top, thank you!!)
4. Who does the cooking at your house?
OK, so I'm happy baking but I really don't enjoy cooking - I can't cope with the pressure of trying to bring everything together at the end. I can throw a few things together like lasagne or something in the slow cooker, but I'd much rather not. So, hubby does the cooking if we want something 'proper' like a roast, but I can manage the more simple stuff!
5. Would you rather travel by airplane, train, boat or car?
I don't enjoy flying at all, but it's a means to an end. If travelling by train could get me to overseas destinations as quickly as flying, I'd choose train every time.
6. Do you speak more than one language?un peu. I can manage a bit of school-girl French and Italian. I'm much better at comprehension that I am at speaking or writing either language, so I can get around as long as I don't have to speak to anyone!
7. Do you have a favorite tv show?
Coronation Street is the all-time favourite. I also really enjoy Sherlock and I love Gogglebox!
8. What jobs have you had?
When I was at school I worked Saturdays in a greengrocers; I'm so glad I did because at least I know the difference between a turnip and a swede and I'm pretty good at judging the weight of fruits and veg! After that I worked in a local shop while still at school. My first job when I graduated from university was with a publishing company - I started as an indexer and progressed to being an Editor and I worked there for about 15 years on and off. I also worked in a clothes shop and at a university library.
9. Favorite flower?
Gerberas or tulips
10. Would you rather be a cat or a dog?
Although I don't really like cats I think I'd rather be one than be a dog as I would appreciate the independence and aloofness of cat-ness!
Phew, there we go. Now to think up 10 interesting questions and find five bloggers to tag - that's the tricky part!