Thursday 4 February 2010

Carbuncle news

I had an email from the Planning Enforcement Officer. He has visited our neighbours and assessed their handy work. He tells me that it is, indeed, in breach of planning and he has advised them to apply for retrospective planning permission. So, that's one better than what I thought might happen (which was that he would visit them and do nothing), but not quite as good as what could have happened (visit them and tell them to tear the whole thing down.) Still, I guess it's possible that retrospective planning permission could be refused. Does anyone know if we will get a letter about it, in the way that you get a letter when a normal planning application has been made, giving you the opportunity to have your say? We could at least then say that we aren't happy. On the other hand, when perspective buyers for our house go to have a look round, they might think that there is room to extend the house further, taking our dear carbuncle-building neighbours as an example. Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)