Saturday 18 February 2012

No Food Week

Yesterday evening hubby issued me with a challenge. As we struggled yet again to cram one more thing into the already overflowing freezer, and as I worried over the sell-by/use-by dates of all the food in the fridge, hubby suggested that I try to go for an entire week without buying any food. Say wha'?!?

I love me some shopping. I especially love me some food shopping because the money for it comes out of the 'housekeeping' account that hubby tops up, so it doesn't really hurt my meagre bank balance. But even I can see that we really don't need any more food right now. Our cupboards, fridge and freezer are fit to bursting. So I happily accepted the challenge. The only exception to the 'buy no food for a week' (other than eating out, which is still allowed) is fresh fruit. Yep, that's it. The odd banana and a bunch of grapes, nothing else. We have milk delivered by the milkman so that doesn't count, the veg/ salad drawers in the fridge are full, and there's lots of bread, crumpets, muffins, etc in the freezer. We also have a bread maker and all the necessary ingredients to make our own. So, no excuses.

It's now Saturday evening, I've managed 24 hours so far and it's all going to plan. In fact I've not spent money on anything at all since we didn't even leave the house today - that must be the way forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)