Friday 9 March 2012

Overspill

I've got a bit of a problem. I think I've mentioned it before. I'm addicted to books.

Buying them.

Reading them.

Keeping them.

The first and the last seem to be the main issues though. I buy books at a much faster rate than I can read them, and I hate letting go of books once I've read them (unless they are dire, in which case they go on Read It Swap It, which I would highly recommend to any book lover out there [as long as you are willing to actually let go of your books that is.])

This is my 'to be read' bookcase. Looks rather lovely, doesn't it? If you like books, and especially if you like cosy crime as the top and bottom shelves are full of such delights. Many of these books have been with me for quite some time, but they keep getting supplanted by more recent purchases.

Now, let's take a step back. Look, there are more books lurking underneath.

And another step back reveals a similar, but slightly more precarious, issue going on.A double-width, precarious issue in fact. According to hubby there are approximately ten boxes in the garage stuffed full of my 'read' books. Something tells me it's time to build that Library Wing we've been talking about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)