1) wrong season - there were short sleeved, summery clothes which obviously weren't going to get worn from Oct-Jan
2) smart clothes - I don't go to many places that require me to dress smartly!
3) clothes that didn't fit - some too large, some too small
4) clothes I no longer liked or which no longer suited me
5) some that I simply haven't got round to wearing even though I like them
What to do? The clothes from categories 1 and 2 were given a pass through to the next round (but they probably still won't get worn for the same reasons that they haven't been worn since last October) and the clothes in categories 3-5 were taken out of the wardrobe and put on the bed. And then I tried them all on. Turns out that some of the clothes that I didn't think fitted, did fit; some of them didn't; some of the clothes I thought didn't suit me did, and some I thought did suit me, didn't. And some of the clothes that I just hadn't got round to wearing fitted/didn't fit/suited me/didn't suit. Confused much?
Some of the fitted/suited clothes went back into the wardrobe, still hung the 'wrong' way round and awaiting their fate in the next round of the Great Wardrobe Experiment as it shall henceforth be known. And the rest (seven in total) were listed on eBay - four were still brand new, with tags (the shame), including these two