Thursday 25 September 2008

Eating For Two

Yes sireee, being pregnant is indeed a great excuse to eat whatever you like and not really worry about it (just so long as all those food groups are covered and there's a vague attempt to eat the five portions of fruit & veg each day.) But my tastebuds are all over the shop. I'm not saying I have a craving for coal, crayons or bath sponges but honestly, I wonder who these "two" I'm eating for really are cos they are weird. It's 11am and so far today I've eaten a fig yoghurt (tick for calcium), a sausage roll (hmm, tick for pastry if that's a food group and pig snout, trotters, tails and all the other lovely bits that go into sausagemeat - ah yes, let's call that a tick for protein) and a handful of Revels - that's a tick for chocolate (which is, beyond all doubt, one of the most important food groups) and fruit because one of the Revels I ate was an orange cream and that's got to count toward my five portions, hasn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I still claim that when I was preggers with my first, I was pregnant with triplets. My daughter, Ben and Jerry. Unfortunately, Ben and Jerry moved from my belly to my butt after Marshall moved out! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)