Saturday 2 March 2013

Vintage Knitting Pattern

DC has a new jumper, courtesy of Granny.

It was destined from the very outset to be a jumper specifically to be worn when mucking about in the garden, hence is lovely and thick and is the perfect shade of green (with flecks of brown) to hide the dirt, muck, grass and other things that DC (and all boys) love to roll around in.

When he put it on for the first time and ran out into the garden I followed quickly behind to take photos of the momentous occasion.

He's such a poseur. Complete with toy screwdriver as prop. The wheelbarrow and chickens in the background add to the authenticity of this as a "mucking about in the garden" jumper, don't you think?!



When I looked at the photos, they reminded me of the fantastic vintage knitting patterns from the 1960s and 70s. I'm pretty sure DC would have made a perfect jumper model.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)