Wednesday 30 September 2009

Like a Child in a Sweetshop

Talk about making a show of yourself. Hubby and I were in Waitrose and I nearly wet myself when I spotted this next to the till.


As the young girl who was serving us passed it over I heard myself saying 'Gimme, gimme, gimme' out loud - eek, thought it was just in my head. She gave me an odd look and said 'Ah, is it baby's first Christmas?', to which I replied 'Oh, I'm not worried about him, this is the first Christmas catalogue I've seen and I'm really excited. Can't wait to get my pen out and start circling things'. And then, as an after thought, 'Oh, yes, it is his first Christmas.'

And then, through the post came this little treat for the eyes (but not for the bank balance.)

1 comment:

  1. I've just picked up my copy of the Waitrose mag too. I'm having palpataions about that Marmite jar!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)