Friday 8 January 2010

I'm so done with you!

I totally forgot to blog about the fact that I actually finished a craft project! Yay me! Remember the Christmas cross stitch that I blogged about in September and November? I was absolutely determined to have it finished in time for Christmas, which is sensible really as what would be the point in finishing it mid-January? But then I got distracted by other things, like work, and tv... oh, and DC. I picked it up again a few days before Christmas and told the doubting Thomases (hubby and my Mum) that I would have it finished by Christmas. So every spare minuite I had, I plugged away at it and finally, on Christmas night as we were watching Poirot, I FINISHED!


Ok, so it now needs a jolly good ironing, and to be put in a suitable frame (and it deserves someone who can actually take a good photo), but it's done, and I'm REALLY pleased with it.

I've now started on a sampler for a friend who's having a baby; I don't think she reads the blog so I'm going to take a chance and put this photo up. Penny, if you're reading this, look away now...

Think I might get addicted to cross-stitch, although the kits are very expensive, aren't they?

2 comments:

  1. Look for them in charity shops - I often see them there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Gigi - will keep a look out from now on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)