Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy St Valentine's Day To One and All

Hope you are all having/have a had a tres romantic day today with lots of fluffiness, pinkness, heartness, etc etc.

Hubby and I don't really 'do' Valentine's Day in the traditional sense of the word - no big cards, lavish gifts, meals or trips out - we don't like to buy into the commercial side of it all (not that we're skinflints or anything...) So, instead we make each other a card and just buy a small gift. And for dinner, it's fish & chips from the best chippy in the whole wide world (or so we think) accompanied by a glass or two (just a small glass for me) of Montana Sauvignon Blanc. Perfect.

Hubby told me he had made a great sacrifice with the card he had made me. I thought perhaps he had stuck some money in it or on it but, in fact, it turned out to be an even bigger sacrifice than that - three of his favourite Haribo sweets were given up in the expression of his love for me. Bless.Apologies for blurry photo, I've still not totally got to grips with the camera I had for Xmas.

I bought hubby a rather tasteful (in my opinion) china heart which I thought would look rather nice hanging somewhere about the homestead (so really I bought it for me rather than him); and hubby bought me a lovely heart-shaped lavendar bag to make my drawers (ahem) smell nice.

I also presented hubby with a box of mint chocs which I'd bought in the sale, so they don't really count towards the limited St. V Day spending fund. And while I was at it, I bought myself a little box of my fave chocs too. Hubby insists I tell you all about this as he seems to think that, in comparison to me (250g of mint chocs versus 1060g of Continentals...), he's fared rather badly. I would say in response that hubby always claims not to like chocolate so what's he moaning about? Plus, I'm eating for two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)