Monday 2 February 2009

A Snowy Day



Crikey - what weather! About 4inches of snow and the country has ground to a halt. I managed to make it to work, although wished I hadn't bothered when the roads got a bit treacherous and I gracefully slid to a halt (aided by the kerb) at one set of traffic lights. Still, I got off lightly compared to a colleague who managed to buckle his wheel after really thumping the kerb on his way to work. By lunchtime I decided that heading home was the best option - the snow had started falling again and being snowed-in at work wasn't top of my 'to do' list.

Hubby, being the sensible one of the family, had decided to work from home, so he was all cosy and toasty when I got back. And, what fun he'd had too:

I can't wait til the time I 'work' from home if this is what you can get up to.

On a totally different note, here is the latest addition to the family. Meet Wol, all snuggled up against the cold with his friends Aubrey and Bramble (who I still haven't got round to sending oop north to Dylan.) I'm quite proud of Wol, he's made with leftover wool plus some felt stitched on for his features and feet (which you can't really see in the photo.)

And, one other thing. This time last year hubby & I were grappling with the snow in Williams, Arizona. I think we should be careful where we go & what we do on 2 February 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)