Monday 27 July 2009

Work; it's a Four-Letter Word

Remember last week when I said that D.I.E.T. was the yuckiest word in the English language? I may have been wrong. I'm wondering whether W.O.R.K. might be worse. And what about if you start W.O.R.K. while you're on a D.I.E.T. (especially a D.I.E.T. that isn't going too well)?

Well, guess what? I've come to the end of my maternity leave; today I started back to work. I'm now officially a working mum. Whoop-dee-doo! Luckily, I have a job that allows me to work from home and it's just for 21 hours a week, hours which can be done at any time of day or night. So, if the urge takes me to do some work at 1.30am (as if that's likely!) here in my rather impressive office (ha!), I can.

Today I was able to fit in four hours while DC napped and also when hubby kindly took the little chap out for a walk; hopefully DC will continue his daily naps for the forseeable future, thus allowing me to cram in a little work here and there. I had thought originally about putting him in nursery one day a week and it may yet still come to that, but the nursery I wanted him to go to has had a couple of suspected cases of swine flu and, being the over-protective mother that I am, I decided I'd rather keep him at home for the time being. I may come to regret this decision when the work is piling up. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. not sure that arrangement totally complies with health and safety regs! does that chair tilt, go up and down and can you alter the back?? Is there ample room on the desk? Do you have a wrist rest?
    They may have to close you down till an exec. office is built...
    Will be in touch for a business conf. soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)