Thursday 24 May 2012

House Renovation. One Year On. 24.05.12

Phew, exsqueeeeze me while I sweat cobbs (cobs?) taking photos for your delight and delectation. Obviously I'm not allowed to complain that summer has finally arrived, but given the choice, I'd prefer it to be a leeeeetttttle bit cooler, thankyouverymuch.

Thank goodness I only had to take two photos today before rushing back in to the coolness of the house (although due to my and hubby's offices being in the roofspace, it's not so cool up here). For some reason this time last year (ie today and the two days before) we didn't take many shots of the house, I'm assuming we were either away or nothing much had happened that was worthy of a photo. Oh, wait, I've just checked and it was the weekend, so obviously no building work had taken place.

Anyhoo, here's the back of the house on Tuesday 24th May 2011. The (ugly, reconsitituted, but matches the rest of the house) stone wall of the extension is taking shape over the insulation blocks.
And here it is this evening, Thursday 24th May 2012. Complete with summertime detritus well and truly in situ.
Then a quick nip round to the front of the house. Here we have the hallway, sans front door on 24th May 2011.
And today, Thursday 24th May 2012, we are fortunate to have not only a door, but two lovely glazed side panels to let extra light into the hallway.   
Oh, and that hugemoungous bush to the right has been hacked back to its roots. Now we just have to decide what to do with the bare patch under the right window - grass seed is my preferred option. Oh, and I'd like to get another outside light fitted to the left of the front door to even things out a bit and also so that we can actually light the way up the garden path, and I'd  also like to move the downpipe round the corner so it's out of sight and not making the door look all off-centre. But I'm just picky like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)