Wednesday 24 June 2009

Is It Just Me?






Is it wrong that I don't want this little chap to grow up? I just want him to be this size for always (actually a few lbs lighter would be better cos he's getting a bit heavy to carry around now.) And I want him to wear little outfits like this for always too, although he'll probably have something to say about that on his first day at school.Babies look so cute in vests and babygros, don't they? Perhaps it's just me, but I can't understand why people seem so keen to get their little ones into jeans, shirts, jumpers, and even trainers - they'll have to wear 'proper' clothes for enough of their life so why not relish them being babies and dress them in soft, comfy clothes? Not to mention the fact that it's got to be a damn sight easier to get a babygro on a baby than a pair of jeans! I was in the 'Parent Room' in John Lewis yesterday changing DC and giving him his lunchtime bottle. Bearing in mind it was about 24C yesterday, he was just wearing a vest. A lady came in with her four-week old baby who was wearing a vest, a t-shirt and a pair of jeans; he didn't look too happy and she finally twigged that he might be a bit hot (not to mention uncomfortable I'd have thought with that nasty denim rubbing against his tiny little legs.) Stop trying to turn babies into miniature grown ups and let them be babies!


OK, give me a hand down from my soap box now, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)