Sunday 14 June 2009

Wooooo, how exciting!

Some of you may know, but some of you may not, that I really enjoy the Agatha Raisin series of books by MC Beaton. I discovered them by accident when the very first in the series - Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death - was on special offer in Waterstones for 99p. Now, I'm a sucker for a bargain, as the yellow labels in the fridge will attest, so I couldn't resist buying it - and the title was rather intriguing too. As soon as I read it, I was hooked. There are 19 books in the series so far, and number 20 is due to be published in October (perfect timing for it to be on my birthday/Christmas list). I've read 18 of them - can't bring myself to read number 19 and thus render myself Agatha-less, so it is sitting on the bookcase awaiting the day when I can resist no longer.

Agatha Raisin was also the cause of me meeting a fellow blogger - Pie of http://www.wickedawesomeparenting.blogspot.com/. She is also an Agatha fan and kind of stumbled across my previous blog as a result of this shared love. And, best of all, we even got to meet up when hubby & I were in Maine last year.

Anyhoo, the whole point of this blog posting is to share my excitement with you all over the fact that MC Beaton will be appearing at this year's Reading Festival of Crime Writing and, wait for it, I've got a ticket! YAY! Hubby picked it up for me the other day, and I am most chuffed. Can't wait to hear what she has to say. I know it won't all be about Agatha as she also writes the Hamish McBeth series (I've read one of these and should really read a couple more since hubby bought me them for Christmas), but I'm so looking forward to it already! I'll try not to be too awestruck and sit there with my mouth agape, gently rocking back and forth and dribbling like DC, perhaps I'll even think of a question to ask, but I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm an Agatha fan too,the books are such good fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)