Thursday 2 October 2008

140/90 Reasons Why We Need a Cleaner

Two weeks ago I had my 16 week appointment with the midwife. It took her three attempts to get a blood pressure reading due to various problems with the cuff and the batteries on the bp machine. When she finally got a reading it was a little high at 139/91, although she did think that might have been caused by all the faffing around. Still, she decided it was a good idea to see me again in two weeks and so today I duly trotted back to the Health Centre. Unfortunately my bp hasn't gone down, although on the bright side it also hasn't gone up - it's now 140/90. There is talk of me going on some medication, but first of all I need to see the GP next week to take yet another bp reading. Still, on the bright side I did get to hear the baby's heartbeat again - I think the midwife was rather keen to do this, as she said 'Do you want to hear the baby's heartbeat while you're here? Go on, you might as well.' - considering she had already got all the equipment out, how could I refuse?!

I asked said midwife if there was anything I could do to bring my bp down and her only suggestion was 'rest'. When I phoned hubby and told him this I'm pretty certain he let out a little snort of amusement; does he perhaps think I already 'rest' enough? Needless to say, as soon as I got to work I entered the term 'house cleaning services' into trusty Google and it may have provided me with the perfect solution to how I can 'rest' even more... Now all I need to do is look up 'gardening services', 'personal chefs', and 'chauffeurs'. I wonder if there's a section for 'people who will go to work for you so you can stay at home and watch daytime tv and rest'?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)